Hauxton now has two new tennis courts on the Sports Ground (built in 2019), just opposite Hauxton Meadows, beside the A10 Cambridge Road.
For more information about Hauxton Tennis click here for the Tennis website.
Hauxton Tennis News
Tennis new guidelines from 1st June 2020
- Singles and doubles can now be played, as long as you remain 2 metres apart, as far as possible – meaning four people from different households can now play doubles.
- You no longer have to bring your own balls but if you do share, then take extra care not to touch your face, and wash hands before and after play with sanitiser. Kick other people’s balls back to them.
- Remember, we have a keypad lock on the gate, so bring your own hand sanitiser or gloves
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court – if you need to wait, then do so away from the courts and clear of the gate
- Based on discussions with Government and following the adjustment of lockdown restrictions, the LTA has revised their set of practical guidelines for venues, coaches and players to follow so that tennis can be played in England during lockdown, where the local environment allows.
These guidelines outline adaptations so that tennis activity can be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Government advice and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include measures to limit hand to shared surface contact and minimise unnecessary interactions with others.
Please read the revised player guidelines here before you book your court.