Junction 11 Park & Ride
The ‘South West Travel Hub’ as the Greater Cambridge Partnership are calling it is planned to be built beside the A10 near to junction 11 of the M11 motorway. Plans for this are now well advanced despite considerable local opposition, which has raised concerns principally over congestion and air pollution arising from the extra traffic anticipated.
The scheme will include:
- Around 2,250 car parking spaces
- Around 80 Velobox cycle parking spaces, plus conventional cycle parking
- A new long-distance coach hub
- Public transport routes to Cambridge and the Biomedical Campus
Next steps and timeline:
- GCP to re-submit plans to Cambridgeshire County Council Planning Committee in February 2022
- 2022-2023 – Scheme completion
Foxton Travel Hub
For a video of the proposed Foxton Travel Hub click here.