We operate an online booking system for room hire, which will enable you to see when rooms are available. We ask that you check the calendar ‘Main Hall’ tab and then email: email@example.com, specifying the date, time slot, and description of your party, Once we have checked your request, we will then respond by email to confirm your booking. An email with your invoice will follow, full fees are expected within 7 days of booking to secure the date and full hire fees 4 weeks before your booking date.
One-off daytime events including Children’s Parties, and Private evening events, parties and club dances slot information Here:
- Your booking is not finalised until the deposit has been received. Bookings may be cancelled up 4 weeks prior to the event for a full refund, after which, only in exceptional circumstances will a refund be made, and may be subject to an administration charge.
**A refundable damages/extra cleaning deposit of £100 will be applied for all one-off bookings. ** The Venue manager reserves the right to request a £200 damages deposit** Please read the Conditions of Hire carefully, as you will be charged for any damage or extra cleaning. This will be returned to you subject to our standard post event inspection. Payment by bank transfer is required – bank details will be shown at the foot of your invoice. Please use the invoice number as your payment reference.
One off booking fees will be increasing from 1st May 2022
If you wish to become a new regular user, please contact the Venue Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org ** “regular user” is subject to a minimum subscription of 3 months **
- Hauxton Centre closes at 10:30pm, but this may be extended to 11:00pm in some cases upon application to the Charity.
- We have a noise limiter system, so if you bring your own amplified music device it must be plugged into this system
- For events/parties where amplified music is played in the evening, the whole hall must be booked.
- No dogs (other than Guide Dogs) are permitted in the village hall or Hauxton Centre.
- Use of ‘Blu Tack’ on the walls is strictly prohibited. Do not fix anything directly to the walls.
- The car park has capacity for a maximum of 24 cars. We cannot accept bookings where you expect to have more than 25-30 cars maximum.
- No bouncy castles/ inflatables are permitted inside the venue or outside.
- We prefer that you visit the centre upon booking, and before your booking date to ensure the venue is right for you. This can be done usually on a Thursday between 12pm and 3pm, or by telephone appointment.
If you have any queries or questions about your booking, please contact the Venue Manager on email@example.com or Telephone 07716348702 ** We aim to answer all emails with in 3 working days, Telephone is only switched on Tuesdays 7pm till 8.30pm or Fridays 9.30am till 11am **
To view room details/facilities, click here.
For a copy of our Hirer’s Public Liability Summary of Cover, click Hirers’ Public Liability Summary of Cover.
Ventilation in the main hall:
Government Coronavirus guidelines recommend that activities should be placed in rooms with windows open if possible. There are no opening windows in the main hall. The building is provided with 100% fresh air ducted via the grilles in the ceilings. Some of these grilles provide this fresh air whilst others exhaust the stale air – the two do not mix. This system uses a heat recovery unit to heat or cool the incoming fresh air, without mixing and allows the building to be provided with fresh air without the need to open windows/doors.
The Air Conditioning units use the air from within the room only.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
(last update 24 02 2022)