Hauxton Meadows Development
The residential part of the development consists of approximately 280 households, including 169 individual houses, 32 apartments (in two blocks of 16 each) and and the rest as apartments in the extra-care housing development. Outline planning also includes some commercial properties.
The whole Hauxton Meadows site includes Hauxton Mill, the Mill Houses, Riddy Island itself and the wooded area between the River Cam and the residential development.
For more information click on the links below:
What Hauxton Meadows brings to Hauxton
In addition to a doubling of the size of our village, by an additional 280 households when the development is complete, Hauxton Meadows brings much needed investment to the village through the S106 funds associated with it. These will go to improve and expand many of our existing facilities, for example:
- Extension to the primary school – click here for more details
- Funding to improve our community facilities, eg village hall
- Transfer of the ex-Bayer sports field with some funding to bring the pitches up to standard again – click here for more details
- Investment in local doctors surgeries
- Funding to improve the children’s play equipment
Whilst all of these will not happen immediately now, as new home owners occupy houses funding is released so we can improve the facilities for everyone in Hauxton.