South Cambs District Council
Planning – Local planning applications, enforcement and trees. Building regulations.
Rubbish collections – Supply and collect wheelie bins, supply and empty dog bins, clear fly tipping.
Environmental Health – Food hygiene, Health and Safety regulation, animal establishments, contaminated land, road sweeping.
Licensing – Control of events, and control of premises supplying alcohol, licensing private hire vehicles (vehicles and drivers.)
Housing – social housing (supply and maintenance) and prevention of homelessness.
Benefits – housing and council tax support, also Universal Credit.
Administration of elections and boundaries.
Administration of Council Tax.
Cambridgeshire County Council
- potholes, drainage, weed clearance, gritting, lighting, grass cutting,
- strategic planning and transport infrastructure.
- important consultees on any planning application.
- public footpaths and bridleways.
- buses, school transport, car parking (tickets &
Young and old – schools, social care.
Recycling services (responsibility for waste disposal.)
Planning involving mineral extraction.
Registration births, marriages and deaths.